With a strong management team we are making sports rules easier for everyone.
CEO* David is an award winning cinematographer/producer/director with over 35 years of motion picture and television production experience.
* Working with CBS, NBC and VIZ News during international conflict zones, he has filmed many major local and international news events. David has been a DOP on many features, TV and documentaries as well as executive produced and developed distribution strategies for many producers and production companies.
* David launched the New Media department at HYPN, Canada’s largest independent media management firm.
* David is not only an avid baseball fan but is an expert with over 20 years umpiring experience at the college and senior ranks of baseball.
Chairman of the Board* Chairman – PHD Canada (formerly Harrison, Young, Pesonen & Newell (HYPN)). David was the founding President of HYPN Media Management.
* He is an investor and is currently on the board of several early stage private companies.
* Prior to 1979, he was Senior Vice President, Intermart Inc., the holding company for MacLaren Advertising and other communication related subsidiaries
Advisor* Product Management Lead, VM Ware, Palo Alto Ca. – over 20 years experience building and managing award winning platform products for companies including BlackBerry, Sun Microsystems, Silicon Graphics, Walt Disney Studios, and NASA
* Frequent Silicon Valley speaker and panelist covering Mobile Payments & Monetization, NFC, HTML5/Native/Hybrid apps, Home Automation & IoT, Enterprise Development, Security, Mobile Cloud Services, and Gaming
* BS in Computer Science from U.C. Riverside, and an MBA from the Anderson Graduate School of Management at UCLA
CTO / Developer* Co-founded Giant Step Inc. (internationally award-winning interactive agency)
* B.Sc. in Software Engineering from the University of Toronto
* 15+ years experience designing software architecture, interfaces, and developing applications for over 50 clients ranging from start-ups to major international brands.
Designer / Developer* Co-founded Giant Step Inc. (internationally award-winning interactive agency)
* Hon.B.Sc. in Mathematics and Interactive Media Design from the University of Toronto
* Experience working for AGF Funds, CIBC, and Ontario Power Generation in database development and marketing
* 10+ years experience creating digital marketing campaigns and online applications for over 50 clients ranging from start-ups to major international brands.
Advisor / Strategy* William A. Donan Clinical Professor of Marketing at Pennsylvania State University, and faculty advisor to the Penn State Marketing Association
* Formerly the James T. Kane Faculty Fellow and Assistant Professor of Marketing at Lehigh University
* Ph.D., Marketing Science, Carnegie Mellon University
Social Media Marketing
Elliott Cowan is a 30 yr. veteran of the motion picture and TV production industry. His extensive experience encompasses a variety of environments including, broadcast, corporate communications, sports, media training, education and events. He has collaborated within categories ranging from director/producer, field producer, post production coordinator, writer, technician as well as all support positions. Combining these production skills with his expertise within the burgeoning social media platforms, positions Elliott to enhance our company profile and product awareness. His considerable knowledge and wide network of connections will strategically place Umpires Media exactly where they need to be to reach the most users.