The platform for bringing sports rules explanations to the world!
It includes everything needed to turn textbook rules into a variety of digital media products and deliver them in multiple formats and languages to audiences worldwide. Here is how it works:
1. Content Creation
- Umpires and production team produce rules explanation videos, audio, images and more
- The content is processed as a short explanation, full explanation, trivia segment, and more
- Audio voice-overs and captions are done in Spanish, French and other languages as needed
2. Content Management
- All content is managed in the platform for easy access
- It is organized by sport, rule, media, language, discussions, file type, etc.
- Various widgets enable easy display of set of content in many formats
- Format Adaptation Tools
3. Content Delivery
- Using a Content Delivery Network we provide rules to clients
- HD Video rules for TV broadcasts
- Audio rules for Radio broadcasts
- Other formats for online broadcasting
4. Rules Explorers
- Rule search / browsing interfaces for every sport (making it easy to find rules)
- Available online, as web widgets for third-party sites and as mobile apps
- Community: discussion regarding each rule (in text, audio, video, transcripts, etc.)
- Archiving past situations where the rules were applied and what happened
- User identify as fan, player, coach, umpire for easy opinion searches
- Deep social media integration to enhance the experience (tagging, etc.)
- Admin management tools (moderation, etc.)
5. Trivia Games & Contests
- Using a Q&A format of each rule to generate trivia contests
- Launch as website widgets, mobile apps, social apps, and kiosks
- Used as a game and also as a contest (‘Challenge a Friend’)
- Trivia contest administration tools (launch, manage, measure)
- Integration with stadium video boards
- Integration with sports bar systems
6. Training & Re-Certification
- Coach re-certification package (training and testing)
- Umpire re-certification package (training and testing)
- Integration with sports certification organizations
- Subscriptions (yearly or per use)
- Advertising and sponsorship sales and delivery
- Broadcast usage tracking and billing
- Web / mobile widget usage tracking and billing
- Re-certification packages for organizations
- Integration with concession sales
- Custom ordering tools
8. Marketing Automation
- Auto-respond when a rule is presented online (re-tweet with a link to the rule)
- Algorithmic Search Engine Optimization (auto-optimize as rules happen)
- Automatic customization of presentation per location, game (who vs. who), language, etc.
- Other custom automation unique to delivering sports rules on time and in context
Umpires Media developed a process for delivering sports rules explanations through entertaining educational products.
Here is our process:
We produce short video demonstrations of each rule for the sport (for example, baseball has almost 500 rules). This required both umpire-level expertise and high-quality video/audio production.
Using our proprietary Content Management System, we process the content to be readily available in various formats:
* Broadcast TV and Radio – licensed to channels
* Rules Explorer apps – for all platforms
* Trivia and other rules – based game apps
* Educational training packages
We produce all of the above in every language for target markets that play the sport around the world.
We repeat steps 1-3 for every sport to deliver the rules of every sport, in every relevant language, worldwide!